• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Charging issue and possible battery sensor

Rigit

Dec 14, 2012
First please do not flame me for having an "off brand" tablet. I realize many of these are pretty much junk but by far not all. Made in China doesn't mean junk and if you think so then throw your Apple whatever in the circle file it's junk. A reputable company like Apple can monitor quality for a solid product. That being said, I have a tablet, Mach Speed Trio that has recently gone aery. It stopped charging proper and part of the issue is I think the plugin connection is not always making connection. But the thing still charges for the most part just fine it just isn't telling me the truth. I'll take it off the charger at 99% and play games or whatever for a while and the battery indicator doesn't move much. Then all of the sudden it drops to like 33% or something. I don't know what would cause this. A bad sensor or corrupted software? I could do a hard factory reset but the problem there is the device ID sometimes changes. A problem if you play games requiring a Storm8 ID. So I guess my next question is since I'm rooted from the factory I have access to everything. So if the system can change it in theory so can I. So if the ID changes where in the file system do I go to change it back to the original? Sorry about the length and I don't mean to be rude. It's just I've been several places and been essentially laughed at called names like idiot for buying a "3rd party tablet". Then arbitrarily told "you're scr....":thinking:

No one will chastise you here at AF, Rigit (let me know if they do ;) :)).

Not sure that I've got any helpful advice for you other than the solace that I've heard/read about the same type of issues for even the "mainstream" Android devices, but usually without a satisfactory or straightforward solution (like you indicated, there could be a variety of reasons for your charging issue).

You've touched on all the obvious culprits, but you could also try different cables (USB and/or powered).

Hopefully some other folks will chime-in with their thoughts, too.

Best of luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones