• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Charging MY incredible

leebsammy

Mar 5, 2010
The other charger post about bb chargers not working went to shit. So in a new thread i have my own question. Ive noticed tha t while using non oem chargers i have weird symptoms. Sometimes the touch screen will not be responsive while charging, sometimes the led light will blink on and of every second and it will stop and start charging. Sometimes it just doesnt charge at all. ive tried several different chargers. A LG stock micro usb charger and maybe three or four random no name chargers from ebay. Im not trying to say other chargers dont work for everyone else. This is what I HAVE been experiencing. I dont want half the community showing me numbers about how all micro usb chargers have the same output or whatever the hell. I just wanna know if anyone else has also been dealing with this, is it normal, and what to do about it. Thanks.

I'm using a hacked together RIM mini USB charger with a Motorola mini->micro adapter and it's been working fine. Using the same adapter on a Verizon branded (not sure who makes it) car charger, and its been working fine. I'm not actually contributing anything to this thread, just interested that you're experiencing issues. Hopefully someone can help

Upvote 0
I've experienced this with my HTC Eris using a generic eBay charger. When plugged into the charger, the phone would become hyper-sensitive or screen touches or would lag, then spasm. Using the OEM charger for my Motorola RAZR, the Eris would be fine. The RAZR on the other hand would be fine with the generic charger. I think it depends on the quality of the charger (what it is actually outputting compared to its printed spec) and the tolerance of the electronics in the phone.

Upvote 0
I have the iGo charging system that I got at Radioshack (but have seen it elsewhere). I got razzed about the "i" already in another post - so fire away. Anyway, it is a great system as you get tips that are specifically matched to your device so you are in essence getting a virtual OEM charger for whatever you buy the tip for. Between my wife, kid and me we have a bunch of electronics (laptops, Play Station Portable, phones, etc) and with the splitter we can charge/use two devices at a time. One cord in a small bag is fantastic as we travel quite a bit.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones