• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Charging problem

Gary335

Lurker
Oct 2, 2012
Hi all. I have had my Skyrocket for about 6 months or so and today at work it suddenly wouldn't charge when plugged in. I would plug the phone in, it would beep and say it was charging, and then it would just as quickly stop charging. I went out after work and bought a new charger, thinking my charger had decided to die. But the phone still does the same start/stop when you plug it in. I tried plugging it into my computer, and the same thing happened. It seems that the charger and port on the phone are ok. It seems like something makes the charging process stop immediately. If anyone can help me, I'd really appreciate it!

Also, want to add that I checked the water damage indicator on the battery, thinking maybe somehow some moisture got into the charger port, but the indicator is still white, so that's another possibility to cross off the list.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones