• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help charging takes forever now .

dan44762000

Jun 12, 2010
swansea
when first got phone charging from 10% too 100% would take roughly 2 and half hours .

now 8 weeks later it has taken 6 hours to go from 10% to 100% on main plug charge .

using stock charger .

battery life once charged is excellent so i dont think its a problem with battery but i swear it never took this long to fully charge when i first got it .

suggestions for a quicker charge ?
or is this the normal . i dont really mind too much but it does seem excessive .

well i was in work Friday night and had left charger at home , however a colleague of mine had his usb lead . but no charger .

i popped my phone onto the pc and transferred somee music and though i would leave it charge while i didn't need it .

got real busy at work so didn't go back to it for about 3 hours , looked at phone and it was fully charged .

no idea how long it took in all it may well have been less than 3 hours but it was a lot faster than plugging into the mains at home .

i am going to leave it run down to 5% today and then charge from there while plugged into my pc .

i have a feeling that the charge unit is faulty and not the lead .

Dan

Upvote 0
well i was in work Friday night and had left charger at home , however a colleague of mine had his usb lead . but no charger .

i popped my phone onto the pc and transferred somee music and though i would leave it charge while i didn't need it .

got real busy at work so didn't go back to it for about 3 hours , looked at phone and it was fully charged .

no idea how long it took in all it may well have been less than 3 hours but it was a lot faster than plugging into the mains at home .

i am going to leave it run down to 5% today and then charge from there while plugged into my pc .

i have a feeling that the charge unit is faulty and not the lead .

Dan

Also, don't forget, Mains charges at 1000mA. USB 3.0 at 900mA and USB 2.0 at 500mA, so it should take twice as long charging from a USB 2 port than mains...

I have a strong suspicion its the cable

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones