charging takes forever now .Support

Last Updated:

1. dan44762000

dan44762000 Well-Known Member

when first got phone charging from 10% too 100% would take roughly 2 and half hours .

now 8 weeks later it has taken 6 hours to go from 10% to 100% on main plug charge .

using stock charger .

battery life once charged is excellent so i dont think its a problem with battery but i swear it never took this long to fully charge when i first got it .

suggestions for a quicker charge ?
    or is this the normal . i dont really mind too much but it does seem excessive .

2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

The s3 has a built in detection system where it charges slowly if it thinks the usb connection is not stable (poorly connected or faulty) so I would try other cables first
    dan44762000 likes this.
  3. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

Maybe the phone has taken a while to calibrate itself and youre now getting a true 100% charge (total guess lol)
  4. silentwitness

silentwitness Well-Known Member

be happy the phone charges at all with the official charger that came with the phone. My s3 when i try to charge it with the stock charger i had left it for about 8 hours to charge and the battery started at 36% and ended up after 8 hours at 32%.
  5. doc1964

doc1964 Well-Known Member

Mine started doing this recently as well. Would seem the standard charger or cable is faulty. Lots of posts on this. I use the charger i had with my S2 and it charges as it should.
  6. dan44762000

dan44762000 Well-Known Member

well i was in work Friday night and had left charger at home , however a colleague of mine had his usb lead . but no charger .

i popped my phone onto the pc and transferred somee music and though i would leave it charge while i didn't need it .

got real busy at work so didn't go back to it for about 3 hours , looked at phone and it was fully charged .

no idea how long it took in all it may well have been less than 3 hours but it was a lot faster than plugging into the mains at home .

i am going to leave it run down to 5% today and then charge from there while plugged into my pc .

i have a feeling that the charge unit is faulty and not the lead .

7. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Also, don't forget, Mains charges at 1000mA. USB 3.0 at 900mA and USB 2.0 at 500mA, so it should take twice as long charging from a USB 2 port than mains...

I have a strong suspicion its the cable
  8. sherlock5545

sherlock5545 Well-Known Member

I think it's the cable. Mine sometimes works properly and charges very fast, other times it takes 6 hours.
  9. samthegam

samthegam Well-Known Member

my metro pcs siii charges slow after the jellybean 4.1.2 update. it gets stuck charging at 98% then takes a long time before 100%. i have tried different chargers & cables still the same end result