• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cheap car adapter parts here!

Tabs

Nov 7, 2009
Buy these two items:

This is a car plug with a female USB port on it.
For only $1.00 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Car Charger (Cigarette Lighter) to USB Female Converter - Black | Car Charger Accessories

Then just get any USB male A to male 5-pin Micro cable here - I got the 6 foot one.
For only $1.06 each when QTY 50+ purchased - USB 2.0 A Male to Micro 5pin Male 28/28AWG Cable - 6ft | USB 2.0 Cable - Micro-B Type

Works perfectly for charging or powering it while in the nav dock. Total cost $2.44 before shipping.

I hear if you get the car dock from Best Buy it comes with a car charger. But if you only have the car dock then this is great! Even I'm contemplating getting these cuz they're so cheap!

edit: just checked. its cheaper to get these from vzw for $30 and the monoprice usb wires for under $3. Best buy car dock and charger is $40!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones