• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cheap handset and Chinese clones

aod

Jan 21, 2012
My dad would like a new phone and has been thinking about something with WiFi satnav and a decent camera.

He recently bought an SE Xperia X10 from eBay which turned out to be a Chinese copy. Firstly what are peoples advice and opinions on clones? Secondly if he decides to send it back whats a good android based phone with WiFi sat nav ability and a good camera? Budget is around

My dad would like a new phone and has been thinking about something with WiFi satnav and a decent camera.

He recently bought an SE Xperia X10 from eBay which turned out to be a Chinese copy. Firstly what are peoples advice and opinions on clones?

Yeh Ebay, that sounds about right. Most of them are not very good, best avoided if possible.

Upvote 0
Cheers for the replies. Managed to get the seller to accept a return due to false advertising. So the hunt for a droid phone is on.

I've been doing some research and think a used HTC Hero should do the trick. He doens't need anything special, just as i mentioned above.

It'll be his first smartphone -having had SE's for years (currently K850i). He liked my SE Xperia Mini Pro, but won't pay that much, so looked at Vivaz, but i advised against as he wouldn't like the resistive screen. When he found the X10 and won the bid at

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones