• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

chompSMS: Best Communicating App In the Market.

This application is absolutely, hands-down amazing and free! It has more giving me so many features that I personally use daily! Like their new widget to view your message without actually having to go into the full app. That's another thing, there isn't a full or lite version and is updating constantly for the better and never force-closes. Also this app has great customizing features. I have completely renovated my conversation list & conversation screen. You can change the bubbles, the background, the colors. It's what I would call end-less possibilities. I do not even use my regular messenger. I currently have the behold-2. As most know, it's the worst android out there. This app makes this phone seem much better. ChompSMS gives so many options you would expect any android phone would be able to provide, but does not. This app gives you notifications, quick-reply, quick-compose, miscellaneous items (such as a signature), and one of my favorite features is having security (Pattern Lock) and blacklisting. The only thing I dislike is the ads, but they do not really bother anyone. Bottom-Line I will probably never uninstall this app as long as I have an android. If you are honestly tired of your messenger, I suggest trying this app please. What's to lose it's free!:) I hope this review helped!

Reactions: stainlessray
I agree... Ive been faithful to Handcent but when Froyo 2.2 came out.. handcent crapped out and lagged my 1000mhz snapdragon processor to purely unacceptable limits.
I was also having intermittent restarts with my HTC inc.

I installed Chomp two days ago... no restarts since!.... also my phone is peppy and fast like it should be..... even with my aquarium donation live screensaver running....

It almost mirrors Handcent in options.. with a few minor tradeoffs, but the menu's are easier to navigate and seems to make more sense than HC ever did.

So far, a winner!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones