• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Choosing The Right Android Phone

klaw07

Lurker
Nov 12, 2009
Hey Everyone,

So I have made the decision that I need to switch from my Blackberry to an Android device. I am fairly tech-savvy (or like to think so) and want to make sure I get the phone that is most suitable for me. With the Droid having just been released, it would make sense to go that route, however I wanted to do my homework before impulsively buying a new phone. Can anyone provide insight, or point me in the right direction, on some of the differences between the various Android phones. Also - are there any new Android devices being released anytime soon? I would hate to purchase something that would quickly become outdated.

My network is Verizon, so I imagine that may limit what devices I have access to. Any info would be much appreciated!

My network is Verizon, so I imagine that may limit what devices I have access to. Any info would be much appreciated!
What are you talking about? Verizon right now have the Motorola Droid, which is the best available Android phone. They also have the HTC Eris. Both of these phone are very nice. Also, they will have a handful coming pretty soon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones