• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Chrome and Home button

Sept1967

Android Enthusiast
Mar 28, 2015
Why doesnt a stock Nexus6 on Marshmallow, using the latest Google Chrome, have a home button option?
Left of URL

My LG G2 using same Chrome, does have this option.

Chrome-home.JPG

Yeah, I don't remember that home button.

Google was testing that feature in limited scenarios way back in 2014 based on this. I'd think the testing would be complete by now and everyone changed on way out the other.

In your lg, can you customize where the home button takes you? (If it forced you to a page including carrier or oem links, that would be a clue that carrier/oem somehow played some role.. although Google apps are usually independent)

If you create new tab (not incognito), chrome brings up Google search page with bookmarks and recents (see attached). Maybe that's similar to what you might want in a home function?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160307-170833.png
    Screenshot_20160307-170833.png
    391 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Upvote 0
On my LG I can change my home button to anything , like a pc browser.

From what I have read, only some manufactures include this in the phone build prop per model.
But since this is a Google phone, using Google chrome, I would expect it to be there.

My gf's old phone, LG Stylo - didnt have it either.

Reactions: kct1975
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones