• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Chromebook censors text?

nickdalzell

Extreme Android User
Jun 17, 2011
Owensboro, KY
More than one website, blog or such i try to load up on my Acer C720 Chromebook produces what appears to be blanked out text or censored text. on Windows, Mac and iOS, even Android this issue does not happen.

Can't find anything on Google about it either. Issue happens most often on articles, review sites, blogs. the first paragraph can be read but the rest of the article looks like this.

More than one website, blog or such i try to load up on my Acer C720 Chromebook produces what appears to be blanked out text or censored text. on Windows, Mac and iOS, even Android this issue does not happen.

Can't find anything on Google about it either. Issue happens most often on articles, review sites, blogs. the first paragraph can be read but the rest of the article looks like this.
You have to answer the survey to be able to see the rest of the article...

Upvote 0
Chromebook uses Google Chrome. There are no known means (that I'm aware of) to change the user agent string, nor any means to change the default browser.

Google Chrome on Android, iOS, Windows 8, Ubuntu, and Mac OS X doesn't have this problem.

Chrome OS might be using proxy or perhaps the user agent of Chrome OS triggers the censor. I don't know as there are zero articles involving this barring text issue. It seems to be common with my Chromebook and browsing articles and blogs specifically

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones