1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Cincinatti Bell releasing the Behold II ....

Last Updated:

1. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

Advertisement
  2. Nu11u5

Nu11u5 Well-Known Member Developer

3. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

Looks like a win for everybody, although I wonder what version android it's running.
  4. marcelo_lopez

marcelo_lopez Well-Known Member

But yeah...definitely, if some kind soul were to grab one for a little while and dump the ROM....there would be Thousands of seriously grateful people around here.
  5. suyash1

suyash1 Well-Known Member

this is a win for us. we could have a stock android with vibrate. no touchwiz meaning the drivers arnt on touchwiz so an easy 2.X port???
  6. mwl1119

mwl1119 Well-Known Member

That is what I was thinking at first. But I think the hang up is the amoled drivers not the touchwiz drivers. This behold II won't see 2.x either anyway.

Living in Cincinnati I will now have to see this phone being pumped down my throat by Nick Lachey for the next four months I guess. :(
  7. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

Props to Cincinnati Bell! The phone isn't all that bad spec-wise, so it's pretty cool that they're doing it without TouchWiz. We all have our little arguments about these phones, but this is great for the expansion of Android!
  8. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

Damn, maybe I should have gave them my help when they asked for it now :(

never heard of them at the time... Oops!
  9. psychoace

psychoace Well-Known Member

It's Bell....MA BELL.......AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

jk
    it's not important this phone should die a flaming poo of a death and working on it with Me Bell wouldn't of saved it. You made the right choice.

Ok it kinda is and kinda isn't Ma Bell but still I think everyone knows what AT&T's name was before it was hacked to death by the government (even though it has bought up and merged all it's subsidiarity it produced during the split and is now one mega company again)
  10. mwl1119

Their getting the motorola milestone xt720 too.

I already told my friend to wait for that instead of getting the blaze their pushing all over tv here now.
  11. suyash1

is it running 1.6 or 1.5 stock?
  12. mwl1119

13. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

here is the default home screen as well as samsung camera firmware running on the cinci bell version of the Behold 2 incase anyone want to see it:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  14. Nu11u5

It looks like Samsung's call log, messaging, and calendar apps are still there unless they just reused the icons. Not too bad.

Question is are those camera and camcorder apps Samsung's or something else?

I really can't wait to get my hands on a dump of this!
  15. behold_this

samsung's camera is on board see update to pics above.

*i pulled these pics from the cincinnati bell support site
  16. Nu11u5

17. behold_this

18. suyash1

Without twiz what is their cube mapped to?
  19. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

Anyone else think this Rom of there's looks very similar! Pricks!
  20. behold_this

lmao...you noticed that too huh? no counting for originality i guess
  21. behold_this

search
  22. suyash1

Yup looks like take5
  23. Nu11u5

From all the pix on the Support Tutorial page it look like Twiz as far as the homescreen and settings applets are gone. The camera, messaging, contacts, etc are still there.

Though with the looser integration even these could probably be removed and replaced with alternatives or stock Android.

They would have had to remove the dependence of the dialer on Visual Voicemail for instance.

I would guess Search.

edit: yep - search
    [​IMG]
  24. behold_this

i saw that pic as well but also saw pics with the cube interface as well...must just be the promo pic cause its shown on the support page but no other documentation
  25. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

Icon's and all.. lmao... oh well..