"Clean up" Settings in CM-based ROMs?

Last Updated:

1. droidpcguru

droidpcguru Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm sure there is no easy answer to this question.. but is there a way to remove the "HTC"-type settings in the CM-based ROMS(Koush/JRummy remix/ UD 10, etc.)? By these settings I mean the Trackball/Breathing light and similar. These ROMS would seem overall more Droid-oriented without these settings that are basically useless to us:) Deleting the HTC Copyright .apk seems easy enough..

Let me say that I am hoping NOT to introduce the BD/UD flame-war into this thread by mentioning that ROM-anyone can see what the new UD ROM is based upon, plus BD himself mentions where the source for it came from this time...EDIT>>After seeing more evidence I retract the previous comment.

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I was wondering that myself - I thought about asking Koush about that, may do that later tonight.

I have a feeling he kept it in there for a reason though....

3. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

the track ball settings control the led light on the droid for the most part

4. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

Hey, one of those trackball settings is the 'pulse with screen on' option, which is awesome IMO.

Why did Motorola take that out of ESE81 :confused:

5. droidpcguru

droidpcguru Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My bad on that one..I didn't realize it affected any of our settings. It could be renamed to match what it does on the Droid, though.

6. japus

japus Active Member

I agree with the OP, but more on the Breathing light. I have messed around with this setting some and found that it doesn't do much. Would be nice to remove it or at least know what it does for the Droid.