• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cleaning out my storage?

GuitarG20

Clueless Senior Member
Jun 23, 2012
Texas
Hey all,

So I've got a bunch of old stuff (it has to be) installed both in my internal and external storage. There is no way I have enough apps to take up this space, and the storage option in settings doesn't tell me what is left.

My guess is that it's a lot of old stuff from old apps that got left on the phone either when I uninstalled apps or when I rooted. Is there any way to get rid of the stuff that I don't need (and isn't being used by current apps?) without going through and manually deleting it? I used to use diskfan4free on win7 to look and see what directories were using the most space, but with the update to android 4.1 it lists my HOXL as a media player and thus diskfan refuses to scan the storage for me....

Any advice? Like I said, I am rooted, if there are root-only tools that will help.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones