• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Clear or Color Battery Replacement Door

We are over half way.. We need less than 90 doors sold now to get this done. We are also keeping the pre-order price valid until Weds, 8/18... at which point, the price will be the normal 19.95 with free s/h.

So if you think you might want one, get it now while the price is 14.95 with free s/h

Reactions: broken1i
Upvote 0
We are over half way.. We need less than 90 doors sold now to get this done. We are also keeping the pre-order price valid until Weds, 8/18... at which point, the price will be the normal 19.95 with free s/h.

So if you think you might want one, get it now while the price is 14.95 with free s/h

The $14.99 intro price is over tomorrow. If anyone is on the fence about ordering they should hurry!

Custom Evos, Customized Evo accessories

Upvote 0
Just adding some pictures for your enjoyment

Attachments

• black_03.jpg
    black_03.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 139
  • white_02.jpg
    white_02.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 146
Upvote 0
Not to bust anyone's design bubble, but The back I found on Ebay, though for a larger battery, recesses the lense so its no longer protuding, if you want to see it, look at the thread China or Ebay 3000mah battery, or ebay search HTC Evo accessories and you'll see it. I've only seen them in black. But if this back designer wants to make a good back, maybe look at that one for ideas, and maybe just put a sliding lense cap or a snap type lense cap on it so nothing scratches it. Just my 2 cents.

Upvote 0
Just a quick heads up. I shipping all orders now. These are truly beautiful doors..

As for redoing the design, it was what the members of the community wanted.

The raised circle is for protection of the back or a hack to add a lanyard. The backs clip on very tight not like OEM.

Upvote 0
I been sending out some "tips" with each order.. I may have forgot to attach it to yours..

Tips

Q: The battery door is snug:
A: It was designed to be a tighter fit than the OEM in case you wanted to add a lanyard

Q: The kickstand is tight:
A: It helps to start from the bottom when putting the door on. After you get it on, slide (there will be a little bit of play) the door over until the hinge clears and then star opening and closing the kickstand. After a while it will settle in and you won't have to mess with it.

Q: Whats the best way to remove the door:
A: Start at the top and work your way around the phone going in a counter clockwise direction.

Upvote 0
I been sending out some "tips" with each order.. I may have forgot to attach it to yours..

Tips

Q: The battery door is snug:
A: It was designed to be a tighter fit than the OEM in case you wanted to add a lanyard

Q: The kickstand is tight:
A: It helps to start from the bottom when putting the door on. After you get it on, slide (there will be a little bit of play) the door over until the hinge clears and then star opening and closing the kickstand. After a while it will settle in and you won't have to mess with it.

Q: Whats the best way to remove the door:
A: Start at the top and work your way around the phone going in a counter clockwise direction.

on both of mine it doesnt fit correctly. i touch the back and it lifts the kickstand out. tried to wiggle it and what not. still the same

Upvote 0
When you put the bottom clips in, move it to the far left in the holes.

I have a buddy who also has the evo, as well as my wife. I got my caliper out last night and sure enough, that kickstand tolerance varied by .007 between all 3 phones. Looks like HTC does not have the tolerance standard that I used..

If you want, send them back, I will gladly hit them with a razor blade to give a little bit of clearance. You wont even notice it (the razor work.. lol)

Upvote 0
I have the clear back. As much as I loved the idea, the product isn't all that perfect. I am also having fitment issues. I've had it for a week trying all the trying all the tricks to get it to fit better. There are spaces especially in the bottom and in the corners for pocket lint to enter. I'm constantly having to pop off the back to wipe and clean the inside. Never had that problem with OEM. I baby my phone, and is always set on its own mouse pad when I'm desk diving at work. I didn't expect it to be better than OEM fit, its far from it, and I knew the risks. Definitely up there on the cool meter but if you're as picky as I am the flaws outweigh the cool factor. Back to stock for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones