Clock/Weather widget won't updateSupport

Last Updated:

1. kingdave

kingdave Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

Just upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy Portal/Spica to a DHD and really happy with the move. Its a beast of a phone!!

One question though, the "standard" HTC clock widget, that includes the weather on it won't auto update. If I click it, then menu, then settings the only selectable options are "Update when opened" and "Temperature scale".

The options for "Update automatically" and "Update schedule" are greyed out. I've tried adjusting the sync settings in the main settings section but nothing makes a difference.

How can I get this to work? Frequently I will look at my phone and it will tell me my location but not the weather. And whilst it isn't vital, I jkust think the screen looks nicer with a sun or cloud or moon or whatever on it.

Thanks for your help,

Dave

Advertisement
  2. kingdave

No one?

3. naths

naths Well-Known Member

same here....but i use the beautiful widget app for weather/time, would still like to know why though?

4. dvhttn

dvhttn Well-Known Member

Mine worked fine but I didn't like the weather widget - it didn't sync to a town near enough to me so the weather was way out. (I'm in Cornwall in the UK and the only weather forecasts that are in any way correct are via the local radio and then for no more than 48 hours - max - in advance). Then I couldn't find a way to just have the stock clock with no text - it always had 'My Location' on it. So I went for a separate clock widget.

Can't see what your problem can be as I just set mine as per the manual and it worked fine - update-wise anyway.

Dave

5. Kriath

Kriath New Member

I have this same issue, its really anoying. Have you found a fix for it?

6. kingdave

Yeah, auto sync all accounts. But it'll drain your battery, and won't work if you installed the 1.84 update over Christmas.