• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Clockworkmod 3.0.0.5 wont complete Nandroid

kkl1993

Apr 28, 2010
Florida
is anyone having problems doing a Nandroid to backup their phone with the new Clockworkmod Recovery 3.0.0.5? I can get into recovery and I start the backup procedure, everything goes great until it says "creating MD5 sums", then it freezes. I kept it there for 2 hours and pretty sure that is long enough.

This started when i flashed the new clockworkmod through rom manager.

Any ideas?

i was unable to use 3.0.0.5 to flash incredibly rengineered. :eek: i tried to flash 2.5.0.1 from rom manager,and kept getting errors,so i flashed the alternate,wich flashed my rom just fine. i think i will keep using that until i switch to cm7 and have to use the new clockwork.

I have been trying to flash the new IR with CWM 3.0.0.5 all night..kept getting the error: Can't open incrediblyreengineered.zip (bad)..Installation aborted.

Was this what was happening to you?

Upvote 0
yup. restore your backup,flash the alternate recovery,then make a new backup,wipe and install :)

it has to do with something they changed for cm7. clockwork 2.5.0.1 should install incrediblyrengineered just fine,but i couldnt get any other versions to install from rom manager. im not particularly attached to clockwork,so ill continue to use RA_inc :)

Upvote 0
is anyone having problems doing a Nandroid to backup their phone with the new Clockworkmod Recovery 3.0.0.5? I can get into recovery and I start the backup procedure, everything goes great until it says "creating MD5 sums", then it freezes. I kept it there for 2 hours and pretty sure that is long enough.

This started when i flashed the new clockworkmod through rom manager.

Any ideas?
I was able to make a nandroid with 3.0.0.5, but when I restored from it (after an attempt to flash Incredibly Re-Engineered; should've read this thread first!) I got continuous force close messages from various things. Had to go back to an earlier nandroid made with the previous version.

Edited to add: I may have unjustly blamed clockworkmod recovery, since the failed restore was to a nandroid with Virtuous and the Incredible Revolution theme, while I restored successfully using an unthemed Virtuous nandroid, but got the same problem just now after reflashing the theme.

Upvote 0
clockwork 2.5.0.1 should install incrediblyrengineered just fine,but i couldnt get any other versions to install from rom manager. im not particularly attached to clockwork,so ill continue to use RA_inc :)
How did you get those recoveries? The oldest I'm seeing in ROM Manager (and the only one besides the current one that doesn't give an error when I try to flash it) is 2.5.1.2, and the alternate is RA_GNM v1.8.1.

It looks like 2.5.1.2. is working to install Incredibly Re-Engineered, though - it's installing as we speak. :)

Upvote 0
How did you get those recoveries? The oldest I'm seeing in ROM Manager (and the only one besides the current one that doesn't give an error when I try to flash it) is 2.5.1.2, and the alternate is RA_GNM v1.8.1.

It looks like 2.5.1.2. is working to install Incredibly Re-Engineered, though - it's installing as we speak. :)

i couldnt get any other versions of clockwork to flash. the RA_GNM is the one i used... culd have sworn its last letters were inc. musta not really been payin attention,sorry if it caused confusion :eek:

Reactions: wayrad
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones