ClockworkMod Recovery for ZTE Racer II

1. Brainless

Brainless Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Brainless, I've moved your thread to the all-things-root sub-forum here for the ZTE Racer.

By the way, what's the purpose of the fake update.zip file? It looks like it would install your CWM and a busybox?

Cheers!
  3. noobieRO

noobieRO Member

thanks //it works fine :)
  4. ninadchaudhari

ninadchaudhari What's up !

Then how were flashing the ROMS earlier developed ? :confused:
  5. noobieRO

noobieRO Member

i have used Recovery Manager for flash
  6. Brainless

Brainless Member

With the update.zip you can run cwm recovery without flashing it.
    Please, if someone make backup of untouched device, to upload it somewhere.
    scary alien likes this.
  7. noobieRO

noobieRO Member

8. Old User

Old User Member

I tested it, and it works fine. I can go to recovery mod at the boot, and do backups. Also, I can do backups and reboot into recovery mod from Rom Maneger (option: boot into recovery). I didn` t try to restore backups for now, neither install custom ROMs (because I don`t have one).
    Until now, I could only get green logo with exclamation mark, and now I have ClockWorkMod based Recovery with all the functions as I can see on You Tube for "popular" models with big support. Thanks!
  9. Old User

Old User Member

I had problem with Recovery Maneger (probably my mistake), so I used fastboot method (again).
  10. sampit

sampit New Member

And i have problem with enter recovery mode from flashing or factory reset (power on & volume down only green logo and free volume down key booting phone and user password "i don't remember this"
  11. diegoviti

diegoviti New Member

how could you install it?
  12. Old User

Old User Member

Sorry for delay in responding. As I said above, I used fastboot method (fastboot flash recovery in Command Prompt). Type "fastboot help" in Command Prompt for exact syntax of commands.
    Regards.
  13. gogobelo

gogobelo New Member

Hi! I have ZTE Racer 2 with CWM recovery v5.0.2.8. and I tried to install this rom on this phone and it didn't work. I put a movie on youtube to show you how I made .Please tell me where I'm wrong because after the flash , he remains in loop boot. Please help me !
  14. gogobelo

gogobelo New Member

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
  15. eebnu

eebnu New Member

not working on my zte racer 2.
    zte racer II indonesia is v859
    how i can restore my recovery to default?
  16. florinsr73

florinsr73 New Member

Please tell me how work this 'update.zip
  17. Thats

Thats That guy is This VIP Member

What exactly are you asking when you say "work" this update.zip?
  18. shtodan

shtodan New Member

Hey guys! Im also an owner of racerII and I would like to try some stuf, but
    i would like to backup my current state.
    can someone please explain a bit more detailed how can i use two files that brainless put for download. I instaled rom manager which doesnt suport my device, so this files can make my device 'backupable', right? so how should i use this files? thanks and cheers from serbia ;)
  19. zubagy

zubagy Member

Am so new to this stuff, but here goes, i installed my Zte racer II on my computer, the driver that installed was "adb", so i kind of run the "Fast boot" program, yaaaah, everything turned out 2 be a mess. Instructions were, "turn on the phone pressing the vol+ and connect it to your computer". I did as instructed and there4 run the "fastboot" program, now wen i try starting my phone, it kinder keeps restarting all the time. The android cartoon appears constantly, you know what i mean. i need serious help to restore it back to the way it was, or even better, any 1 please help, thanxs...
  20. zubagy

zubagy Member

kinda watched ur video, yah....... ino u dnt wanna loose ur 4ne. if its a software problem, then i believe u can recover it. check out this video i created. tell me if it helped. i tried my best.
    ZTE Racer II recovery - YouTube
  21. zepmy

zepmy Member

----------------------------------------
    I think u show how to recovery, then I've tried.
    actually, my racer 2 just show green logo android..

you and I same of problem??
    any solution to fix my racer 2??

thx b4
    sorry for my bad English