• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cloud Storage and Contacts

Blazin65

Aug 3, 2011
My Samsung S5 from Verizon is constantly giving me the message that "Contacts in Cloud Storage failed to update", or something to that effect.

My question is: What is this? I didn't know I was trying to upload me contacts to cloud storage? Who's cloud storage? Is there some setting somewhere that I should be turning this off? Or am I signed up for something with Google Cloud Storage automatically?

Any advice would be appreciated.

I have turned all of that stuff off, I do NOT want anything uploaded to Verizon's Cloud service.
Eats up bandwidth, or DATA if you don't make sure it sticks to WiFi only.

Also, with the amount of pictures I take everyday, I would overflow the limits and get monthly storage charges.
No thanks, turned it all off, I transfer all pictures to a special hard drive locally.

I use Super Backup to archive my Contacts, SMS stuff, Calendars to my extSDcard and a 2nd copy to my email...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones