• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM compiler????

Just curious if any of the talented evs who have been working on the Spectrum have given a tyhought to using CM compiler. We just got the leaked 4.0.4 build the other day and was just think if there was a way to take the leak and run it through the compiler and get us CM9. Not sure if that's possible, but thought I'd ask

Not sure what that us, but all my builds were compiled by using a vm box with Linux and doing a proper compile from source.
The issue, as said many times before, is getting a proper device repo set up. I wasn't able to get cm7 to compile for our device, so it's not likely cm9 will flash, since it's less compatible with phones/hardware than cm7 and requires HALs.

Upvote 0
Oh and compiler looks for device repository at cyanogenmod, of which there is none for our device. Basically, the program is just an easier method of compilation than using the command prompt.
it just encourages not learning how to do shyt!!! ;)

Anyone that wont put the time in to learn cmdline doesnt need to be dev'ing for anything IMO. ;)

Not that much cmdline knowledge is needed to compile CM itself. The more ya know the better off you will be. But one will never learn anything if they relay on point n click and menu ran shyt.

Now I'm not saying such is a bad thing, but one needs to learn how stuff is done b4 replaying on such. ;)

Upvote 0
The Nitro HD should be a good reference device should it not? Very similar phone.

The modem chipset has a different model number but seems to technically be the same hardware with CDMA enabled, perhaps you can get lucky with the RIL? The Rezound shares some hardware too but perhaps less useful.

I'm in the market for a phone. If AOSP builds are possible I'll get this over a Nexus for the fact it's not a pentile screen - it's also cheaper.

Upvote 0
It's a good source for a bin kang/port, but not a build from source repositories. I tried a kang of Miui, but it didn't want to boot.
I mean more as a reference of what to include and exclude and get the make file dialed in easier. If they've run into issues with the Nitro they'd likely also come up here, kang or not. It does get official nightlies, after all.

Upvote 0
actually theres a file labeled extract-files.sh

pulls libs/binaries off the device before building.

so apart from a few files in the device repo its coming directly from the spec. not the nitro hd

Are you pulling from a ZV6 spec, or from the ICS leak? I understand there's not a massive difference between ICS and GB, as far as kernel support, etc goes, but does the current V6 release have support for the various graphics calls that ICS needs?

Upvote 0
Are you pulling from a ZV6 spec, or from the ICS leak? I understand there's not a massive difference between ICS and GB, as far as kernel support, etc goes, but does the current V6 release have support for the various graphics calls that ICS needs?

ICS Leak

I never had luck with that process. Besides, doesn't the extract file have to be tailored to the device?

Depends. Some extract-files.sh calls for a proprietary-files.txt (mine does) files which is essentially a list of files it should pull. Yeah you need to edit it but thats easy. Not hard to do at all, especially if you dump the system onto your pc and dig through like i have done already. I already have some of it published to github.

Reactions: cac2us and c4v3man
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones