• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CM11 Developer and Tester thread for ZTE MSM 8x30 devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright so its for all these models, ok I understand.

My next question is about how to install this one.

I have only put root on to 5 phones so far so I only know basics.
Most were simple one click root that an average person could use.
usually its like have stay awake and debug on, use proper usb cable, have the driver on the pc?
Had to play with odin for samsung nothing complicated but like theres no good directions here.
Im assuming I do all the standard prep and then flash my kernal and insert yours?

Upvote 0
Hey thanks man I tried all those links, nothing works.

ZTE unico is pretty much unrootable; case closed for me.

Time to throw this thing in the recycle bin and get the newest Samsung Galaxy.

doubt its unrootable, ztes arent that well protected lol. worst case, learn to use fastboot to boot a recovery, then use the recovery to flash said recovery permanently and flash a root package. of course you would need a custom recovery to flash but if there isnt one already that shouldnt be too difficult for someone to make, heck whoever is building for the unico should have one built along side cm, wont be fine tuned im sure, no frills but it should work for the basics

as far as a standard root method i dont even remember what i used on the warp 4g, might have been framaroot, might not have been, couldnt honestly tell you i havent even seen that phone in the better part of a year

Reactions: Andy Moyer
Upvote 0
Can someone provide me with a link to the latest version of this rom if there is one anyway. I really want to test this out because no one else has a rom like this for this phone.

Do you have the Straight Talk zte z998 or the one from AT&T ?

is your phone rooted ?

do you have a custom recovery for your phone ?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones