• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root cm6 rc2 battery life

I have the Cyanogenmod 6 RC2 running, but it seems to suck battery life away. If my phone is on it loses a percent every minute to few minutes.

Is this just what I should expect from this rom or is there something I can tweak to make it better?

I'm pretty much only running CM6 because I want to be able to use the wiimote with sensoid on an upcoming flight, but if its sucking battery power like it currently is, then it probably won't last long.

I didn't realize there was a final. Some reason I assumed RC2 was the latest out there for the evo.

It doesn't help that the layout of their files seems a bit odd.

I'm guessing I their "Final" is under the 'stable' section of their forums?
HTC Evo - CyanogenMod Forum

Also, if I already have cm6 rc2. If I install whats listed as cm6.0.0, do I have to wipe everything before I flash it in recovery again like I did the first time I installed cm6 rc2?

Thanks! Much appreciated!

Upvote 0
I didn't realize there was a final. Some reason I assumed RC2 was the latest out there for the evo.

It doesn't help that the layout of their files seems a bit odd.

I'm guessing I their "Final" is under the 'stable' section of their forums?
HTC Evo - CyanogenMod Forum

Also, if I already have cm6 rc2. If I install whats listed as cm6.0.0, do I have to wipe everything before I flash it in recovery again like I did the first time I installed cm6 rc2?

Thanks! Much appreciated!

Yep,the "_Final" is been out for over a month,he still releasing nightlys every single day.I suggest you wipe everything and the flash.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones