cm6 rc2 battery life

Last Updated:

1. skraemer

skraemer Member This Topic's Starter

I have the Cyanogenmod 6 RC2 running, but it seems to suck battery life away. If my phone is on it loses a percent every minute to few minutes.

Is this just what I should expect from this rom or is there something I can tweak to make it better?

I'm pretty much only running CM6 because I want to be able to use the wiimote with sensoid on an upcoming flight, but if its sucking battery power like it currently is, then it probably won't last long.

Advertisement
  2. exBBuser

exBBuser Well-Known Member

Never had a problem with RC2 and battery life.What Kernel are you running.Have u tried a different nightly or perhaps the final release after RC2?

3. skraemer

I didn't realize there was a final. Some reason I assumed RC2 was the latest out there for the evo.

It doesn't help that the layout of their files seems a bit odd.

I'm guessing I their "Final" is under the 'stable' section of their forums?
    HTC Evo - CyanogenMod Forum

Also, if I already have cm6 rc2. If I install whats listed as cm6.0.0, do I have to wipe everything before I flash it in recovery again like I did the first time I installed cm6 rc2?

Thanks! Much appreciated!

4. exBBuser

Yep,the "_Final" is been out for over a month,he still releasing nightlys every single day.I suggest you wipe everything and the flash.

5. skraemer

I dont mean to be a n00b, but can you direct me towards the final release and the nightlys? I cant navigate this site for the life of me to find them.

6. exBBuser

You wont find it in here.Go to XDA-developers.com>forums>EVO 4G>development,it should be there.

skraemer likes this.
  7. skraemer

Sorry, I didnt mean "this site" as in android forums, I mean the cyanogenmod site, but that helps. Thanks exBBuser!