• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CM7 Gingerbread ROMs

C

claudinejaz

I've tried 4 different CM7 ROMs and only 2 worked. Playful God's CM7.RC1 07272011 & the CM7.2 09132011 didn't work on my Ascend, they never went past the blue Ascend screen. I tried BobZ's ROM but it ran slow,didn't like it so I reverted back. I'm currently running the older CM7 05142011, its the only one that works fairly well. I'd like to try a more updated version. Are there any other recent ROMS that run well on the Ascend? Any tips,links would be helpful thanks:)

I flashed the 09132011 build by playful God defaulted at 600 MHz and it never booted up. I was stuck on the blue Ascend screen. I had to pull out the battery and restart the phone twice. Finally after 10 mns or so i was able load the rom. I signed in and booted into recovery and installed the mero.off Zip. When I restarted the phone It never started up again. I had to revert back to my 05142011 rom. For some reason I can't run the newer builds. I give up lol

Upvote 0
I had an issue with the PlayfulGod CM7.2 ROM that OC'd to 748MHz that defaulted to the same speed (the one dated 09122011). I then downloaded and flashed the one that defaulted to 710MHz (the one dated 09132011) and it works fine on my MetroPCS Ascend (I'm running Bobz on my Cricket Ascend).

Before you flash any of the ROMs, try doing a data/factory wipe, then a cache wipe, then go into the advanced options and do a dalvik wipe. Then, instead of going back and rebooting the phone, stay in the advanced options and choose the option that reboots into recovery. Once it reboots you back into recovery, now reboot the system. This will ensure a clean flash and not a "dirty flash" and it might help.

Upvote 0
I've tried 4 different CM7 ROMs and only 2 worked. Playful God's CM7.RC1 07272011 & the CM7.2 09132011 didn't work on my Ascend, they never went past the blue Ascend screen. I tried BobZ's ROM but it ran slow,didn't like it so I reverted back. I'm currently running the older CM7 05142011, its the only one that works fairly well. I'd like to try a more updated version. Are there any other recent ROMS that run well on the Ascend? Any tips,links would be helpful thanks:)

Hate to say it, but I've tried them all on the 2 Ascends I have. 05142011 is the only one I've found that works reliably on them without boot issues, or wifi issues. I even went into it and edited the Nvram.txt to change the Mac Address so they both could run with that version. Sucks that there isn't a more updated one,...I don't even know if anyone is even working on these anymore.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones