• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM7 voicemail error text

youdoofus

Android Expert
Feb 26, 2011
so dak
Firstly id like to apologize for making a new thread about this, i could swear ive seen this b4 somewhere, but cant find it :( i went from a sense to aosp rom, and now when i get a VM, i get this weird text message with an odd error code, i deleted them all last night (i know i prolly shouldnt have, so i could tell you what the text says, and if necessary, i can call myself and leave a vm to recreate the txt) any ideas of whats going on here?

Firstly id like to apologize for making a new thread about this, i could swear ive seen this b4 somewhere, but cant find it :( i went from a sense to aosp rom, and now when i get a VM, i get this weird text message with an odd error code, i deleted them all last night (i know i prolly shouldnt have, so i could tell you what the text says, and if necessary, i can call myself and leave a vm to recreate the txt) any ideas of whats going on here?

Try this out.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=982966

Upvote 0
cr@p..... this is the last line in the post " On receipt of new voicemail, a text from "9016" will be sent to your phone. I'm using the basic CM7 MMS app and haven't figured out how to stop these notification texts, but that's a minor annoyance to have SVVM back!"
the 9016 text is what im trying to avoid getting.... grrrrr

Upvote 0
cr@p..... this is the last line in the post " On receipt of new voicemail, a text from "9016" will be sent to your phone. I'm using the basic CM7 MMS app and haven't figured out how to stop these notification texts, but that's a minor annoyance to have SVVM back!"
the 9016 text is what im trying to avoid getting.... grrrrr

Download handcent from the market and blacklist the number

Upvote 0
Download handcent from the market and blacklist the number

been there, done that.... every time i get a text message, it shows (number of actual text messages)+(number of 9016 texts) as my total of new nessages.... ive been using handcent for several mos now, but i was unaware of the blacklist in there until last week, at which point i did the blacklist thing with the afforementioned results

Upvote 0
found this...its for MIUI but hopefully its the same? I dunno im not on aosp...

So for those who are trying to use Sprint VVM on the MIUI Rom and trying to block the 9016 notifications here's what you need to do. No need for third party apps:

1) Select your phone icon and press menu > select DND Mode
2) Then disable "Show Notification" and "Anti-stringer mode" at the bottom
3) Then select "Reject from blacklist" and then click the arrow on the right
4) Then select "Don't intercept calls" and "Silence notifications"
5) Then go back to the top and select "Blacklist members"
6) Add 9016 and you should be set

Have someone call you and leave you a vm. You should receive the vm notification without the 9016 sms text

OR use REDLIST app its free in the market...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones