• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM7's great battery life is saving me!

death2twitter

Sep 1, 2011
I am currently running the g60 CM7 ROM. I'm in college, and my roommate left for the weekend. He accidentally took my charger with him.

It's been 26 hours since i was able to fully charge it. I shut everything off that I could and only use the phone to text a bit, and I'm on about 60% right now. The stock ROM would probably be at 30%.

So thank you, devs, for fixing Motorola's screw-up, so I don't have to go borrow my neighbor's charger every day :)

I think I'll post a screenshot of the battery graph when it's at like 2%, to see how long it held out.

You devs are awesome :)

BTW - not using juice defender or anything like that. Governor and clock settings are as they were when I flashed the ROM. All I did was shut everything off (including the vibrate options) except for the cell radio, obviously. I added the "Go to sleep" shortcut to the notification widget, though, so as soon as I finish texting I hit it. Hopefully that makes it go right to deep sleep mode.

BTW - not using juice defender or anything like that. Governor and clock settings are as they were when I flashed the ROM. All I did was shut everything off (including the vibrate options) except for the cell radio, obviously. I added the "Go to sleep" shortcut to the notification widget, though, so as soon as I finish texting I hit it. Hopefully that makes it go right to deep sleep mode.

That's good because you should actually get better battery life without juicedefender than with it, assuming you're toggling data and/or wifi on and off in the same fashion it would.

Upvote 0
That's good because you should actually get better battery life without juicedefender than with it, assuming you're toggling data and/or wifi on and off in the same fashion it would.

That's exactly why I don't use it.

Anyway, thought I'd give an update. Roommate came back with the charger. It's at 20% right now, here's a screenshot. I'm not going to run it all the way down, because that's really bad for Lithium Ion batteries.

Attachments

• screenshot-1338837626890.png
    screenshot-1338837626890.png
    50.3 KB · Views: 59
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones