• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CNET says Apple playing catch up to Android now!

I didn't say iPhones are everywhere, just that there are a lot of them.

Not directing comments specifically at you. Someone else mentioned everywhere. Not directing comments at that person either.

Just pointing out that the Apple juggernaut is going to be severely challenged this year, partly due to its own doing and relationship with ATT.

That said, I'd be happy to see Evo sell even 1M units. That would be a lot for a Sprint phone. Even more, I'd like it to be 2M to account for upgrades vs new customers.

HTC's factories are going to be red-hot with activity this year so I hope they don't let quality slip. Unless it's on the Incredible or some other non-Evo phone that I'm not going to have:)

Upvote 0
I can't say MS hasnt put out some duds but when pressured Microsoft releases some of the best products in the industry.

When MS feels comfortable with itself, you get stuff like Windows ME. When MS feels pressured you get stuff like Windows 7, Server 2008 and Exchange 2010. Rock solid.

MSFT delayed WPS7 completely out of consideration for so many of us though.:(

Reactions: entiel
Upvote 0
Maybe they do sell more iPhones than I notice, but certainly not to the point of them being everywhere.
I guess it just depends on where you are going. In the cities (Cleveland, Cincy, Chicago, Indy, St Louis, etc) where at&t service is saturated, I doubt that there is a smaller percentage of iPhone users than there are on the coasts. Now if you're traveling to small towns where at&t might not have 3G available, that may be another story.

Upvote 0
I guess it just depends on where you are going. In the cities (Cleveland, Cincy, Chicago, Indy, St Louis, etc) where at&t service is saturated, I doubt that there is a smaller percentage of iPhone users than there are on the coasts. Now if you're traveling to small towns where at&t might not have 3G available, that may be another story.

True. I grew up 30 mins north of Cincy - not many iPhones there. In Dayton, not many iPhones. Columbus - saw plenty of iPhones. UP in Michigan - not one iPhone. I didn't see many iPhones in Cincy.

I guess the beauty of Android though will be that the price of entry will be low enough that those markets will probably see more Android phones even if they aren't Evo-level because the incentive for regional wireless carriers and OEMs will be there.

Upvote 0
Are there a lot of regional carriers still around? I'm only aware of the big 4 here. I haven't went shopping for new service in over a decade, though.

Not sure about other parts, but Cincy Bell Wireless is very prominent in southern OH, northern KY, and SE Indiana. They don't carry iPhones.

There are still some regional bells in other parts of the company as well as other regional wireless carriers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones