• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help com.samsung.syncmlservice has stopped (whn select software update in settings/about phone

Stock/unrooted. Been on fence about going to kitkat but wondered why I hadn't seen a notification for the upgrade. Went to settings/about phone/software update to see if there were any pending updates. Get stopped with afore mentioned error messages every time. Have cleared cache for the app and rebooted to no avail.

Upvote 0
Reactions: WhiskeyInTheJar
Upvote 0
Thanks. Better than some of the articles I'd seen previously. Still plan to dig a little deeper though. Since the sd card is still formatted in FAT 32 kitkat must save meta data about folder ownership on local phone storage and if that's true then there should be a way for them to provide users with management of folder ownership. And, if that's true, what does kitkat do when presented with an sd card that has folder(s) added (or deleted) while temporarily mounted on a pc instead of the phone? I know, I worry too much :). But the devil's in the details.

Upvote 0
Thanks. Better than some of the articles I'd seen previously. Still plan to dig a little deeper though. Since the sd card is still formatted in FAT 32 kitkat must save meta data about folder ownership on local phone storage and if that's true then there should be a way for them to provide users with management of folder ownership. And, if that's true, what does kitkat do when presented with an sd card that has folder(s) added (or deleted) while temporarily mounted on a pc instead of the phone? I know, I worry too much :). But the devil's in the details.

Hey man better to be safe than sorry :)

Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones