Coming from a BB Tour..sorry for the newbie question...General

Last Updated:

1. CFD323

CFD323 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

On my Blackberry I can upload my own custom wallpapers as my home screen. Can I also do that with the Incredible? I've seen some of the leaked pics and there's the clock, and weather icons, etc on the home screen so I wasn't sure if you could load a custom wallpaper? Or if you'd even be able to see the wallpaper with all the apps/icons there?

Thanks...and no flaming please...as I'm coming from the archaic Blackberry OS....

Advertisement
  2. mr.incredible

mr.incredible Member

Yes. There are options to take those widgets off of the sense ui background and you can upload anything you want into the background and then add the widgets as you please.

CFD323 likes this.
  3. Musky

Musky Well-Known Member

Hi CFD! Welcome to the Forum.

Since most people on this forum don't respond to new people or ones with low post counts, I'll try and answer for you.

I believe since you can use custom wallpapers on the Droid, you'll be able to on the Incredible also, since it basically uses the same "Android" Operating system although a newer version (2.1)

Hope this helps!.

CFD323 likes this.
  4. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

Not only can you set your own Wallpaper...you can set your own lock screen wallpaper as well. That's the beauty of Android vs. Blackberry. You can customize EVERYthing for free..whereas for Blackberry you paid $3 just for an auto-wallpaper changer, on Android there's numerous ones for free.

5. CFD323

CFD323 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the replies. That sounds awesome.

Next question...I really love the push email using my blackberry email address. I know I'll lose that on an Incredible, but can I have multiple gmail addresses sent to the HTC? In other words I've seen pics of the Incredible screen showing the mailbox. Can I have 2 mailbox icons so that I could have 2 gmail email accts? This would still give me push email and I could keep work and personal email accts separate?

Or do all messages get mixed into 1 mail account icon?

Hopefully that wasn't confusing.

6. Smartphone

Smartphone Well-Known Member

I am not sure about gmail and push. I use an Exchange server and push is no problem on the Android Platform. Touchdown is a cheap program that will allow you to sync your folders, email, calendar, contacts, etc. in real time. It works great for me. I had about 15 Blackberrys over about 10 years and I was a little nervous about leaving that platform. I do miss a few very minor things but overall the Android is much better mainly because of the customization and flexibility.