• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Coming from a BB Tour..sorry for the newbie question...

CFD323

Mar 31, 2010
On my Blackberry I can upload my own custom wallpapers as my home screen. Can I also do that with the Incredible? I've seen some of the leaked pics and there's the clock, and weather icons, etc on the home screen so I wasn't sure if you could load a custom wallpaper? Or if you'd even be able to see the wallpaper with all the apps/icons there?

Thanks...and no flaming please...as I'm coming from the archaic Blackberry OS....

Hi CFD! Welcome to the Forum.

Since most people on this forum don't respond to new people or ones with low post counts, I'll try and answer for you.

I believe since you can use custom wallpapers on the Droid, you'll be able to on the Incredible also, since it basically uses the same "Android" Operating system although a newer version (2.1)

Hope this helps!.

Reactions: CFD323
Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies. That sounds awesome.

Next question...I really love the push email using my blackberry email address. I know I'll lose that on an Incredible, but can I have multiple gmail addresses sent to the HTC? In other words I've seen pics of the Incredible screen showing the mailbox. Can I have 2 mailbox icons so that I could have 2 gmail email accts? This would still give me push email and I could keep work and personal email accts separate?

Or do all messages get mixed into 1 mail account icon?

Hopefully that wasn't confusing.

Upvote 0
I am not sure about gmail and push. I use an Exchange server and push is no problem on the Android Platform. Touchdown is a cheap program that will allow you to sync your folders, email, calendar, contacts, etc. in real time. It works great for me. I had about 15 Blackberrys over about 10 years and I was a little nervous about leaving that platform. I do miss a few very minor things but overall the Android is much better mainly because of the customization and flexibility.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones