• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Coming Soon: Full 2.3.320 SBF file!!

GrandMasterB,

My bootloader is 30.03. How will that affect me?

Not at all. That is the 2.2OTA Bootloader and you are good to go! 30.03 or 30.04 are fine.

@GMB

I'm all updated now.........my bootloader still says 30.03 though, I thought it was supposed to change to 30.04?

Am I missing something?

Yes, the SBF does not update the bootloader. If you want to update the bootloader you need to run the update.zip. I don't see any reason to at this time however.

Why should he sbf rather than update.zip?

I'm in the same boat, let me know how it goes!

Personal preference I suppose. I SBF between Roms almost daily. I just prefer it. I am lazy and I like to click the button and just let it go :)

Just in case you guys weren't aware TBH released the update.zip on 11-20 and there were many people who didn't follow the directions properly and it resulted in bricks with no possible fix. As the numbers of bricked devices became higher and higher TBH continued to try to find a solution. This leak that we are lucky enough to have today is that solution. It wasn't originally intended to be released but this seemed to be the only way to recover these bricked devices.

If you flash the update.zip be extra sure you follow the directions properly or you may end up with an error-ed boot loader. Luckily we now have the full SBF to recover if it happens but you still need to be careful and follow the directions closely just to err on the side of caution.

GMB

Upvote 0
I am still on 30.01. How are you folks on 30.03 or higher? What did I miss?? I upgraded from the full sbf from rootwikis to get on 2.3.15. Any suggestions?

Like you I never installed the OTA. I updated to 2.2 with the Full 2.2 SBF but my bootloader didn't update. I installed 2.2.1 using this thread last weak.
http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...w-leak-tbh-android-2-2-1-build-2-3-320-a.html

This updated my bootloader from 30.01 to 30.04. Install was butter (i did factory reset, wipe data and cache to be safe)

Now running Apex 1.2.1. Downloaded the new 2.2.1 FULL SBF just to have in case its ever needed.

Reactions: GrandMasterB
Upvote 0
Not at all. That is the 2.2OTA Bootloader and you are good to go! 30.03 or 30.04 are fine.

Yes, the SBF does not update the bootloader. If you want to update the bootloader you need to run the update.zip. I don't see any reason to at this time however.

Personal preference I suppose. I SBF between Roms almost daily. I just prefer it. I am lazy and I like to click the button and just let it go :)

Just in case you guys weren't aware TBH released the update.zip on 11-20 and there were many people who didn't follow the directions properly and it resulted in bricks with no possible fix. As the numbers of bricked devices became higher and higher TBH continued to try to find a solution. This leak that we are lucky enough to have today is that solution. It wasn't originally intended to be released but this seemed to be the only way to recover these bricked devices.

If you flash the update.zip be extra sure you follow the directions properly or you may end up with an error-ed boot loader. Luckily we now have the full SBF to recover if it happens but you still need to be careful and follow the directions closely just to err on the side of caution.

GMB

What program are you using to root your phone? I just tried superoneclick and doroot and neither worked. Now it can't detect the phone. I am trying resetting the phone again.

Upvote 0
Any chance of having a problem upgrading to the next OTA if we go ahead with this leak? I know the last leaks didn't change the bootloader so we were safe, but can they somehow make it so that anyone who is on this updated bootloader can't get the new OTA (if it's an even newer bootloader?)

YES. As far as I know this may prevent you from being able to take the next OTA. We don't really know for sure yet but it stopped the people that updated to the 2.2 leak from getting the official 2.2OTA. Hopefully when that time comes TBH will have a solution. I am counting on it anyways!

What program are you using to root your phone? I just tried superoneclick and doroot and neither worked. Now it can't detect the phone. I am trying resetting the phone again.

Use Z4Root. Its not in the market anymore but our Friend Steven58 has it ;)

GMB

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Ok I downloaded the full sbf and have my rsdlite 4.8. right now I'm running stock froyo 2.2 and apex 1.0.2.2. What is the easiest way to gget the new 2.2.1? do I download a rom for 2.2.1 and that will install it or do I have to use rsdlite to install 2.2.1?

What is your bootloader? Should be 30.03 if you are 2.2OTA

GMB

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones