• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Compass: Should be standard !

BiGMERF

Extreme Android User
Dec 2, 2009
Florida
www.google.com
Used on Nexus One with Froyo

The following is a review of an app called Compass for android. An app in my opion should come standard on all Android powered phones. The app is fully featured in every way that I can think of. Short of talking to you it portrays everything you need to see and know in both standard and digital formats. Enjoy 6 different compass types and 4 different backgrounds (see below for the different types available). Calibration is as simple as moving in a number 8 motion. Check my pros, cons and image shot below for information.

Pros/Features.
1. Free
2. 6 different compasses to choose. Analog, antique, digital, gps, night,and simple digital
3. 4 different backgrounds to choose from. None, mesh, sky and wood
4. Calibrate is simple and effective
5. Save a location
6. Use the note (uses snaptics note app) function to save pictures, take notes and share on Facebook, etc.
7. a complete slew of user options. includes noise filter, sensor type, sensor rate,display location, location text color, Buffer display, include altitude, include direction, include address, include location, include speed, notifications (vibrate) , distance and speed.
8. Only 286kb's

Cons.
1. None that I can find. The app is complete and has never crashed on me.

My review and experience with this app forces me to give it a 4.5 on the 1 - 5 scale

Main screen and settings
deb646ff8051a65fe2a3caf5249340a4.jpg

A video of it being used on a Desire
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWImzTUYoy0&feature=player_embedded
Here is a link to snaptics video on Compass
http://www.facebook.com/snaptic?v=wall#!/video/video.php?v=301147707052

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones