• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Complete Newb Question

I just got this phone, and really like it, but all of the sudden when texting the keyboard wont work right. I like to turn it over and use the keyboard long ways, but I seem to have turned that feature off and dont know how to get it back.

Can any please help out a newb? (please, he cries out sheepishly!)

which application are you trying to use the landscape keyboard with, not all applications go landscape.

Also, there is a setting under settings/sound and display called "orientation". If that is not checked it will not rotate your phone automatically when you set it on it's side.

One more thing, kind of stupid but it could be the issue, which side are you trying to do landscape on, because the phone only "tips" one way, with the volume buttons facing down.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones