• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Complete noob just wants 800MHz

Alright folks, please forgive me for asking some seriously lame questions.

I've searched everywhere and haven't been able to find any answers that make sense to me ... why? Because I'm lame.

I have, however, rooted my phone and am pretty comfortable using ClockworkMod and/or ROM Manager (Lite).

SPRecovery, too ...

I used CM6 for a little while (pretty rad) and tried using UD8 this morning (wouldn't load, oh well) but the thing is, I like the stock image.

All I want to do is overclock a bit to around 800 or so.

I tried using ChevyNo1 kernels, but I don't think I'm doing it right.

Is there a way to check (using terminal or something) to see what the CPU speed is? I'd really hate to have to spend 1

SetCPU.. buy it, get it, it IS the standard tool for setting your clock speed, checking it, making profile settings to adjust speed based on other phone factors like heat, screen, charging, etc. I really think, and I am cheap, this is a MUST have app for OCing

everyone has a kernel recommendation as it has really been shown that each phone is different. I cannot use P3's, but I have GREAT luck with Chevy and the JDLFG I am using below... see my signature.

PS - why mess with 800 when 1.2 is pretty reliable and 1.0 is really reliable for most

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones