• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Complex Droid 2 Problem! Please Help!

I have a Motorola Droid 2, which I had rooted and successfully running Fission. Everything was great. Fast forward

a week or so. My screen was broken so I had it replaced by a local cellular phone repair place.

I picked up my phone, the screen looked great. However my ROM was gone and flashed back to a stock android one, I

did not mind. They also informed me they had replaced the keyboard for free because it was damaged, however the

replaced it with a Droid 1 Keyboard. After using the phone, I notice the software identified it as a "Droid", not

"Droid 2". I also noticed my Home, Back, and Menu keys were functioning in the order of an original droid. Pissed

off, I returned the Droid and demanded the keyboard I had placed back in, the software restored to Droid 2, and

anything else they changed besides the screen to be reverted.

Today I picked up my phone, they keyboard had been replaced but the software was still wrong. Angry and extremely

unsatisfied with their service, I took the phone intending to flash it to a Droid 2 version on my own.

Here is what I have tried:
-SBF Flash Using RSD to Droid 2 (Failed on Loading Bootloader RAM)
-Rooting as a Motorola Droid and then trying to install Droid 2 ROM, no option to pick my own image. Renamed

fission to update.zip, still failed due to signature.

I'm not really sure what to do from here and was hoping to get your help. Im concerned I may have been ripped off

and my phone is now an original Droid in a Droid 2 Shell but I am not sure.

Here's the info:
Model Number: Droid
Android Version: 2.2
Baseband Version: C_01.43.01P
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9-g874c292
android-build@apa26 #1
Build Number: FRG22D
Bootloader: 2C.7C
Android System Recovery: 3e

Please help! Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones