• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Computer not booting up

t12b25

Android Enthusiast
Jul 22, 2012
Miami , Fl
Hi everybody, got rid of malwares, now when it restarted it just tries to go to user profile startup screen, then screen goes black, then restarts again. Tried in safe mode, just said rpc is too busy and restarts. Any ideas?. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Anthony.

Hi everybody, got rid of malwares, now when it restarted it just tries to go to user profile startup screen, then screen goes black, then restarts again. Tried in safe mode, just said rpc is too busy and restarts. Any ideas?. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Anthony.

We feel your pain however you really don't give us a lot to go on. We need some basic information like: What Os and version? What did you clean the malware with? What is the make and model?

Giving us the information will greatly help improve your success at fixing said problem.

Do you have a copy of your OS on a bootable disc and have you tried any other methods of repair?

Upvote 0
RPC is "Remote Procedure Call" which suggests that although the malware may be gone (just assuming the OP did that correctly) someone else has a pathway to the PC. RPC is not turned on by default in Windows operating systems, but viruses, trojans, malware and the like turn it and many other things on, as well as opening various ports.

OP, I agree with two other points in this thread.

First, you've given us almost no useful details.

Second, the best course of procedure is to reformat the hard drive and reinstall the operating system. If you have data on that drive, then you need to remove it and plug it in through a proper interface to another system that will first scan it for any remaining malware and then you can copy off the data. While it's in the other system, I'd format it right then as well. You don't want to just install the OS without a full system format on the drive so you're sure you've wiped out anything on there.

Good luck.
Thank you for the useful information. I'm sorry I was so vague I was just worried and it's not even my pc. It's running Windows 7, it's an hp desktop I'll get the model later when I go over there. I ran malawarebytes to clean the comp, the malaware it found so it said was a pup hijack boot. Does that information help any?. Thank you all for all the help and suggestions.
Anthony.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones