• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Computer won't recognize Galaxy ace

hepekcina

Lurker
Jul 28, 2011
Ok, my new samsung galaxy ace worked fine, absolutely satisfied.

I installed Samsung Kies because of drivers. USB mode worked fine too.

But, since this morning my computer just won't recognize it. Charging is ok, battery is charging and it shows little USB sign which obviously means that it's connected properly.

I tried re-installing the Kies, but the problem remains. :(

Need help since i wanted to upgrade it to 2.3 today. :thinking:

Go to Device Manager > Samsung thing > Uninstall
Then reinstall drivers, maybe reboot afterwards

That helped for me when i had the same problem :)

the problem is that computer absolutely doesn't recognize Ace. It doesn't say that "device is not recognized", or that drivers are not installed, nothing happens on computer after i Plug-in the Ace.

Upvote 0
did u restart pc in same time when phone was plugged in or did u restart phone? cuz i have same problem... when i plug galaxy ace with usb, i heard only the battery is charging sound, nothing else. Pc wont recognize it at all. Nothing shows up... before this problem i had notification on the left top that phone is plugged in usb, but now, nothing happens, only battery is charging... Pls help

Upvote 0
OK, after facing similar problem, I have called the store I bought my Samsung Ace 2, and the sale lady gave me this solution and it worked perfectly:

1) Unplug everything.
2) Go to your phone 'setting' -> 'wireless and network' -> 'usb utilities' then press the button 'connect storage to PC' THEN plug in the cable to the phone & computer. Then you will see android logo and it will say USB connected. Then your computer will detect the driver. You will have to repeat these steps every time you mount your usb driver.

Hope this helps. I haven't seen any solution on any forum sofar. If it works for you, please report back too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones