Confirmed: Galaxy to get android 1.6 by March. But not getting 2.xGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Techno1q

Techno1q New Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. Bomberman

Bomberman Well-Known Member

Again mate, no offence but look at a few threads on this forum. There's really no statement there at all, they know nothing. So add to the rumour mill.
    Welcome aboard the Galaxy rollercoaster! :D

3. villa1n

villa1n Well-Known Member

Sucks that my first post here is bad news but it seems this has gained weight...

The whole reason i jumped off the blackberry ship and even switched carriers was to get a 2.0 android device, and I am pretty disappointed that Samsung is not following HTC / Motorolla's footsteps by upping it to 2.0.1 The hero is pretty much equally spec'd (I know the NA version has more ram) but still, the galaxy can definitely handle the upgrade. I chose the galaxy over the hero, for the Amoled, and samsung's track record with solid products, i had an omnia in the past, and aside the windows factor lol, it was a solid piece of hardware...

Anyways, we can still hope, since we have heard it from the mouth of Samsung, I was really looking forward to multitouch etc... but i guess at least we get 1.6 for sure... the spica is getting 2.0 though.. albeit it has the 800mhz omnia2 proc in it.

4. imad

imad Active Member

5. villa1n

villa1n Well-Known Member

6. mrbrdo

mrbrdo Well-Known Member

Yeah, right. They'll send you a complimentary cake, too.

7. davyu

davyu Well-Known Member

A cupcake, just for the effect?

8. porga

porga Well-Known Member

Main problem here is silence of samsung company. I've sent atleast 10 enqueries and didn't get answer. That is not proffessional behaviour. If they are working on something they would let us know till now, and stopped negative publicity...

9. Techno1q

Techno1q New Member This Topic's Starter

Couldn't agree more, if they would only tell us whats the plan! Even if they confirmed that the phone is not getting any Android update, but at least we
    ll move on, I hate having to check the net every couple days to see whether we're getting an update or not!!
    the 1.5 have way too many bugs, and rumors are saying You'll get an update!(2.0) and we go Oh yah show us some love, next day You won't get an update (1.5), and thats where we start cursing the hell out of samsung (The Bleep Bleep Bleep..) and other times they go, you will get half an update? HUH oh yeah 1.6.

It is getting absolutely ridiculous.