• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Confirmed Read, SMS/MMS

Are you running Android 2.2? If so, it's there. In the Message app, press Menu, Settings, and it's the 4th entry in the list for SMS and the 7th in the list for MMS.

Yes 2.2 i just looked the 4th and 7th are priority settings, normal or high. nothing about a setting Confirmed Read, so i set them to high see what happens

i sent a text to try all it shows is a red quotation mark in the text area i typed in

Upvote 0
Now I take a closer look, I realise that you can only get a Read report for MMS, not for SMS. The 4th and 7th in that list are actually the switches for Delivery reports. I should have read your original post a bit more slowly. However, in my phone, right underneath the Delivery reports switch for MMS is a switch for Read reports.

I wonder if this is something that HTC added in later versions of HTCSense rather than being an Android 2.2 feature...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones