• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help CONFIRMED! Reason for instant drop in BATTERY LIFE

ive tested this multiple times. the drop to 93% is caused (imo) by leaving it on the charger. last couple nights i took it off the charger right when it was done charging then restarted the phone. 99% in the morning. last night i left the charger on and didnt restart the phone. 93% in the morning

the combo of taking it off the charger and restarting the phone after its done charging works for me.

i agree with woofermazing that it does not effect battery life, seems like its the os is reading the battery wrong.

Apologies for thread necro but its just dawned on me that this guy has nailed the problem.

I read that with Li ion batteries the phone knows to stop charging at a certain voltage to prevent damage. Therefore I'm thinking that if you leave your phone on overnight, it will charge to full in say 3 hours but after that it is no longer charging. Ie its slowly discharging as if the charger has been disconnected.

Maybe after a certain time it will start to charge again but i doubt it, because the phone THINKS the battery is full.

Explains why topping up charge works too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones