• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

{confirmed} Xbox reverses DRM decisions and connectivity

I'll stick with the more powerful PS4

:p:D

more powerful? Please explain. Other than the different type of Ram they're the same for the most part.

I was going to buy the Xbone regardless. But the 24 hour check meant i just wasn't going to get it at launch. I have both reserved. I was going with PS4 at launch and Xbone later. Now that will probably reverse.

some people don't like CoD and yeah don't need or want the other stuff. Personally for me i'm interested in it. Not to mention i've always like the Xbox Dashboard better anyway.

FWIW i do and have for the last several years owned the PS3 and 360

Upvote 0
some people don't like CoD and yeah don't need or want the other stuff. Personally for me i'm interested in it.

I used to love CoD, but I really disliked where Activision took the franchise, so I stopped playing it altogether. If I want my (short-lived) FPS fix, I'll play BF4 since it's more realistic anyway.

Not to mention i've always like the Xbox Dashboard better anyway.

As do I, but I just can't give them money after this stunt. I refuse. We're enabling them to continue their greed and arrogance.

Upvote 0
but after the reversal what greed are they displaying? you have to pay for PSplus.

PS+ isn't a requirement though. Also, I wasn't referring to greed as in charging to use XBL. I already know that XBL is the superior online experience from being a long time M$ supporter since the OG Xbox. However, what I am referring to is the fact that they really did think that the anti-consumer policies were a good idea and fully planned to stick by them until all of the backlash came about. I believe the damage has been done already and M$ will see their sales take quite a hit because of this nonsense they pulled.

Upvote 0
Not only that, but I don't think I'll still be getting the Xbox One simply because of what M$ tried to do to us and thought it's fans would still get the console regardless of the restrictions and DRM. They'll probably go back on what they said once people get roped in since they can change their policy anytime they see fit. Plus, in my opinion I could care less for Call Of Duty. :)

Upvote 0
PS+ isn't a requirement though. Also, I wasn't referring to greed as in charging to use XBL. I already know that XBL is the superior online experience from being a long time M$ supporter since the OG Xbox. However, what I am referring to is the fact that they really did think that the anti-consumer policies were a good idea and fully planned to stick by them until all of the backlash came about. I believe the damage has been done already and M$ will see their sales take quite a hit because of this nonsense they pulled.
PS+ will be required for online play with the PS4. But, I agree with you. M$ made the big announcement to test the waters and see how bad the response would be. Even though they've reversed the policies, the damage is done. It's not good for consumer trust to propose anti-consumer policies, and then flip-flop when there's vocal opposition.

The fact that they are able to change it so easily makes me think they knew they knew it wouldn't fly. All their arrogant talk about connected experiences, and "buy a 360 if you don't have internet," didn't help either.

Upvote 0
Reactions: jroc and trophynuts
Upvote 0
PS+ will be required for online play with the PS4. But, I agree with you. M$ made the big announcement to test the waters and see how bad the response would be. Even though they've reversed the policies, the damage is done. It's not good for consumer trust to propose anti-consumer policies, and then flip-flop when there's vocal opposition.

The fact that they are able to change it so easily makes me think they knew they knew it wouldn't fly. All their arrogant talk about connected experiences, and "buy a 360 if you don't have internet," didn't help either.

Not all PS4 online games are going to require PS Plus. It's up to the developer.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones