• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Connect J7 to wifi / wire / or computer internet (for updates) [faulty built-in wifi]

Cala Nijel

Lurker
Sep 6, 2019
Good Day!

Hereby with a problem I become mad

I had a Samsung J7 SM-J730F with what I believe is a faulty wifi (board has little corrosion where wifi should be place)

I have reset back to factory, and everything seems working except the wifi,
phone and 3G/4G also works flawlessly

So, I though, I will connect it to some land line trough a OTG wifi module, or wire-cable, or to the computer (as we use to do years and years ago) and update all SO, or when I would like to download something big

For daily use, phone-data is enough

but I can get it to work,

I have try
- Bluetooth pairing
- a micro usb and a usb wifi dongle
- even a cable Micro USB - Ethernet RJ45 (j)
(https://www.amazon.es/Ugreen-30219-Ethernet-Adaptador-negro/dp/B00WM9LUN8)

nothing seems to give connectivity to my phone,

anything else I could do ??

Are you having problems connecting to just one particular WiFi network, or is it also a problem trying to connect to a different WiFi network (i.e. friend's home or work)?
If the former it could be something with that WiFi network, try restarting the router and see if the connectivity problem still occurs.
If the latter that might indicate the problem is indeed with your phone. You made a reference to 'corrosion' on the motherboard, could you elaborate on that please? Was this phone previously dropped into water? Or did the battery leak out electrolyte? Also, as that's a reference to disassembling your phone, are you sure the connector between the antenna and the motherboard was firmly in place?

Upvote 0
Apparently this phone has had exposure to water then. Not much more I can suggest, water and electronics create any number of problems so any components that fail are to be expected. The fact that the phone is otherwise functional at least means you can back up your data while you look into buying a new one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones