• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Connecting Note 2 to PC or Mac

SSNoteLover

Lurker
Jun 25, 2014
I'm at a loss...I love my note 2 and am eagerly awaiting the release of the note 4 but for the life of me, I cannot get this phone to stay connected to a PC or a Mac if my life depended on it. How on earth do people back this phone up to their computers? I'm not at all comfortable with counting on google to get it right nor do I want EVERYTHING backed up on G+. I have the latest software update for the OS, I know about pulling the main menu down and how to switch back and forth from a media to camera connection whenever it decides to go from "Charging USB" to some other option, and right now I'm stuck in charging USB mode...then to add insult to injury, should I be so blessed as explorer to recognize the phone as an external media device, once I copy and paste from the phone to the pc, due to the massive amount of storage and time to calculate it, the phone always shuts down before everything can successfully be copied over to the PC. I have both a PC and a Mac, so I'm open to whatever works on either platform, but this fight with this phone over the past 2 years is gonna kill me!!! This is RIDICULOUS that the software isn't made better and the Airdroid option takes FOREVER, leaving me open to the same timing out issues....:hmmmm2:

Have you tried the Samsung software called KIES? If not, download it and install it, start it and connect your phone to the PC, let Kies find your phone. You will now have a backup funktion on KIES that has been working good on the later versons, (for me at least). It stores a backup folder on your PC.

Upvote 0
Have you tried the Samsung software called KIES? If not, download it and install it, start it and connect your phone to the PC, let Kies find your phone. You will now have a backup funktion on KIES that has been working good on the later versons, (for me at least). It stores a backup folder on your PC.

Yes, I tried that a long time ago and had problems with it. Then I was told (either by verizon or samsung to uninstall it and try one of the other things I've tried)...I guess with the new phone OS upgrade, MAYBE it's worth a shot again, it just kills me that something that SHOULD BE so easy has become and remains to be such a nightmare.

Upvote 0
Ok, I know what you are saying. I also had bad luck with KIES before (I hated it), but now using KIES 3, 3.2.14055.3 it works fine. Set your phone to "Connected as a media device". For some reason there is a new version of KIES 3 every time I'm going to use it, so they must be doing a lot of developing of it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones