Connecting to wireless questionSupport

Last Updated:

1. Groundpounder

Groundpounder Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I had a problem connecting to a wireless network at a hotel I was staying at last night. I managed to connect to the network fine, and it was unsecured, but required a log in. Its supposed to come up when you load a web page, but I just kept getting a "failed to connect" message. I was able to connect via my laptop, but not the DX. Anyone have a workaround to this, or some way to prompt the network to send me to the log in page?

Advertisement
  2. Fenotyp

Fenotyp Well-Known Member

Don't know a workaround, but those types of networks have worked for me in the stock browser.

Did you try capturing the url for the login page from your laptop and entering it into your DX's browser?

3. Brian1

Brian1 Member

Was the settings on the droid set for DHCP? Only issue i ran into before. Brian

4. Fenotyp

Fenotyp Well-Known Member

I honestly don't remember even touching the settings other than just selecting the appropriate wi-fi network in the settings, then going to the browser where the login popped up when it loaded.

I'll try to remember to come back when I hook into that network again on Monday or Tuesday.