• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Constant red led.

That would be sweet, gonna look that number up here shortly. Considering my screen is also cracked its a total win for me. Screens been cracked for around six-seven months now, and haven't installed anything or even updated apps in a few days.

I think you are being a bit optimistic. Even if our Nexus One were still under warranty, the screen wouldn't be covered and you'd have to pay for the screen repair even if they did just turn around and send you a refurb. In addition, that damage will likely mean they will also turn around and charge you for the red light problem, as I suspect the screen damage will put the cause of any other repair into question.

And, by the way, HTC does not just repair what you ask them too. They assess the entire unit and repair everything they find. Yes, you can say no, in which case they will charge you $28 and ship back your unit with nothing repaired.

I discovered this when I asked about power switch repair on an out of warranty Nexus One with an unlocked bootloader. I figured since it was out of warranty, the unlocked bootloader shouldn't matter. They explained this diagnose everything policy and said that an unlocked bootloader triggered a motherboard replacement-- so I couldn't have my power button replaced without replacing the motherboard as well. They will check the moisture tags, everything.

Needless to say, I've found inventive ways to live without my power button. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones