• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Constant syncing

DanGrover

Jun 30, 2009
Hey guys, firstly a bit of a hands clean: I don't have a droid eris,i have a my touch 3g with a ported 2.1 Eris rom. As far as I know the changes are minimal so hopefully you guys can help me!

In a nutshell, the phone is constantly syncing with...something. It still happens when I Taskill mostly everything, and i tried to use Droidwall to work out what it was but my results were a bit stuffy,i couldn't accurately determine what it was. Face book perhaps? i have it set to sync every 8 hours.

So basically what im asking is does anyone know what it could be and how I may sort it out? Failing that, does anyone know of an app that will tell me exactly what's using the connection at the time?

Thanks for any help, and this whole post was written on Swype -love it!

spare parts might help. also do you have email set up? if so how often does it check for new email (not sure if it has integrated gmail like the eris) Also what widgets do you have?

Hey man, thanks for the reply.

I finally worked it out - it's the Google contacts sync. I have no idea why it's constantly doing it, though. I turned it off and the syncing immediately stopped. It's good that I've found out what it is, but it's a bit of a pain as I like the contact syncing. I suppose I can just turn it on for an hour or so every night when it's charging, but it'd be nice to be able to leave it on like I could with stock.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones