• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

poster55

Apr 30, 2010
So the DI has this wonderful feature where you can setup a personal Contact Card and include all kinds of awesome information to send to another phone.
Currently though, you can only send a contact card via bluetooth. I feel this feature is extremely limited and would -love- to see it expanded beyond it's current capability to incorporate more methods of sending contacts to other phones that may or may not be running Android OS.

This is exactly the reason I am posting though, to see if perhaps there is an app on the Android Market or elsewhere that extends this functionality and not only allows me to send my own contact card, but other contacts on my list as well.

Edit: I noticed a feature within the contacts list itself that lets me send via other methods (vcard) but how compatible is this with other phones?

I'm not sure of the answer to your specific question, but I do know that there is an app called "Bump" that I have that allows contacts be transferred between any people who have the app. I just "bumped" a friend with an iPhone and he had all my contact info and he had mine! It also allows you to turn on or off aspects of your contact, like, dont send address. You can also bump photos and apps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones