Contacts Birthdays not in Calendar?Support

Last Updated:

1. clokwork

clokwork Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It seems neither the Facebook synced birthdays along with the birthday dates manually input into contacts profiles don't show on the calendar. Any quick way of getting around having to do this manually?

Advertisement
  2. jazztalker

jazztalker Well-Known Member

Yeah, I noticed that too. Kind of stupid for the contact birthday and phone's calendar to not be linked together. Maybe we're both missing something simple?

3. superchaos

superchaos Well-Known Member

I thought the Eris added the b-day to the calendar and the reminder was always a day earlier. Maybe HTC's fix was to just remove the option.

4. JLR

JLR Member

I don't have an Incredible on me at the moment, but I seem to recall another thread that was similar. There was an issue with birthdays not showing on the calendar if the birthdates for a contact did not list the year.

5. jazztalker

I've got the year entered, and it's not showing up on my calendar.

6. rocke

rocke Member

I was having the same problem so here is what I tried. I turned on US Holidays to see if that made a difference and I still didn't see the birthdays but I also didn't see any holidays. At some point I did a "power off" for a totally unrelated reason and later that day when I was adding a new appointment to the calendar, I found that all the holidays, birthdays, and anniversaries were showing up. I have found out with several other programs that a soft reset or "power off" resolved certain issues. To do the "power off", hold the power button down until you get the phone options box and power off, turn it back on and check your calendar.

Bottom line: turn on US Holidays and do a "power off" and turn back on. Then again, it may have been completely circumstantial.

7. Ruben

Ruben Well-Known Member

8. jazztalker

No dice. I had US holidays on, so I turned them off and did a soft reset and there was no change. Put US holidays back on, did another soft reset, no change either.

9. rocke

rocke Member

Get a little more radical and make sure the US Holidays is turned on and then pull the battery for about 1 min., and then replace it.

10. jazztalker

What settings/data/etc. do I lose if I pull the battery?

11. Ruben

Ruben Well-Known Member

^ Nothing. It's a soft-reset. It just quits all apps. A great refresh. You lose nothing.

12. clokwork

clokwork Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was searching around in the calendar app, but where do you turn on US holidays?

13. jazztalker

That didn't fix it.

14. ionizer

ionizer Well-Known Member

wow, im sure glad my facebook contact's birthdays are not in my calendar
    i dont need to know when my friend's mom's birthday is just b/c her phone # is in my phone and she's connected with me in facebook

15. Dmark

Dmark Well-Known Member

I checked the Calendar settings, phone settings and phone setup, and I dont see a US Holidays ON/OFF Setting? Thanks to anyone who can help us out.

16. jazztalker

Try going back into the calendar app, hit menu and select more, and then select calendars. If it's not in there, hit menu again and there's an option to add calendars. You might have to do that, I really don't remember if it was a default option or something I added this way.

17. Asterdroid

Asterdroid Well-Known Member

If you don't want to use the facebook events application (or pay the dollar for it), you can use the facebook application fbcal to do the same thing.

18. jazztalker

And for those of us who don't want to sync the facebook info, but the birthdays we entered in the contact info on our phones, this is useless.

19. rocke

rocke Member

Open HTC calendar, full page view, not just the widget, then menu>more>calendars. You should get a new box that shows several options, one of which is the US Holidays.

20. doublebucklemonk

doublebucklemonk Member