• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contacts for business

ianskipp

Lurker
Apr 26, 2010
Hi, I just bought a HTC Desire and I'm dissappointed with the contact management. What I'd like to be able to do is file all my business contacts under company name / organization, then when I select a company I'd like to see a list of all the contacts in that company then just select a contact to call.
This seems like a basic business requirement to me but can't work out how to do it. Is this possible? Please help!

You could create groups for each company and then order your contacts in there.

Edit: to clarify, you can make groups by going to all programs - People
It's the second icon on the bottom and you can create new groups or edit existing ones.

After that all you have to do is order your contacts

Sorting contacts can be done by going to the first tab in 'people' and select a contact, then edit

Edit2:

Just did some browsing around in the people app, you can edit a contact and then select the option on the bottom of the screen 'add more information' you can then select "organization" and enter the person's organisation and job title.

I'm fairly certain that this information will come up if you do a search

Give it a shot, and let us know if it worked!

Reactions: ianskipp
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones