• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contacts, Google Contacts and Backup

PLEASE MOVE TO MOTO DROID!

I have contacts in my phone that Verizon brought over from my last phone (a regular phone phone... I carry a BB for work, have for years. I also have Google Contacts I spent hours getting in order in anticipation of getting this device. I can not, for the life of me, figure out how to back up the contacts now only on the droid to the cloud OR how to get the Google contacts information down to the phone. What I want to do is keep them in Sync and do the cleanup from a laptop/desktop one time, once the nasty merge happens.

Arrrghhhh... the Droid pulled from Gmail's "My Contacts" list last night but didn't push phone information over to that list.

It did merge the My Contact info with the phone and Facebook info nicely on the phone, though. What I'd like to do is a full export/backup of the phone's dbase (Facebook info and all) and have that be the "master" I can work from going forward.

Upvote 0
I have same problem, store transferred to Droid from Palm and non of those contacts are syncing. If you EDIT one of those contacts you will probably see at top, 'phone only, not synced'. I have yet to find a solution.
If you had a few common Gmail and phone contacts like I did you may also find those contacts merged, edit one and you will see 2 sets of info in there, and if I remember right you can split them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones