• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help contacts missing?

aprillh

May 2, 2010
I am trying to my mom to my "favorites" screen on one of my homepages. The funny thing is, she is not listed when I hit the + key. Yet if I go to people, her name is there. I also noticed that the contact list that came up on the favorites screen was much shorter than the contacts I have listed under people. Could some of them be on the SD card? How do I get them merged? Or am I off base?

Have you found the solution to this yet? I tried to make a Group for my husbands contacts (he doesn't have a cell phone and uses mine). I did this through the people section. When I added his group as a widget to a screen, no one showed up. I tried re-adding them from the widget, but no one showed up. Even though they are infact in his group. Something tells me it might be a bug with the widget.

Upvote 0
Well I called Verizon's customer support and finally got patched thru to the Smartphone people (I wonder if there is a way to dial them directly since they are usually the only ones with any sort of answer). Anyway, what I found out was that on my Favorites widget I can scroll down and amazingly my mom was already on there. So I learned a couple of things 1) the phone will automatically add people that you call a lot to your favorites; and 2) If they are already in your favorites list, you won't find their name in the available contacts (on the fav widget) when you hit the "+" sign.

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones