• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contacts pictures

Robinelli

Android Enthusiast
Jul 1, 2010
U.S.
If you removed your acct for some reason you may find your phone unable to sync w/ facebook photos and available only for updates. If this happens to you:
Go to Contacts
Click Menu
Click Add Friends
Click Facebook (not add account)
Check mark the friends you would like to add... IMPORTANT name spelling must be the same to go over without a hitch.

If the name is different and you've ALREADY added the facebook photo... Click on the name in the contact list. Click link... a suggestion should pop up. Select it. HTH!

Reactions: pdxfilms
I like how you link contacts on this phone and love that I can have 1 contact have their twitter, facebook, and my gmail contact info all linked and synced. Marking the appropriate one as default makes the contact's name appear how I want it but I can't figure out how to pick which picture shows up for the contact. If the gmail contact has a picture associated I can remove it but I can't choose between facebook or twitter per contact.

any ideas?

Upvote 0
I got my phone Sunday, and have never been able to set my Facebook to sync. I downloaded Facebook for Android which is nice, but I don't get notifications sent to my phone. I also only get Yahoo! Mail notifications randomly, which I don't understand.

I had the same problem with both Facebook and Twitter. Here's what I did to fix both of them:

• Log in to the desktop version of Facebook/Twitter/whatever the problem app is
  • Go to the application settings (Facebook:Account>Application Settings; Twitter: Settings>Connections)
  • Remove or Revoke the Samsung option from this list
  • Try the sync again on your phone.

This worked for me on both accounts. I spent a couple of hours fighting with this, so hope it helps others out.

Reactions: Robinelli
Upvote 0
I had the same problem with both Facebook and Twitter. Here's what I did to fix both of them:

• Log in to the desktop version of Facebook/Twitter/whatever the problem app is
  • Go to the application settings (Facebook:Account>Application Settings; Twitter: Settings>Connections)
  • Remove or Revoke the Samsung option from this list
  • Try the sync again on your phone.

This worked for me on both accounts. I spent a couple of hours fighting with this, so hope it helps others out.

This is great. I bet this will help a lot of people.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones