• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contacts related issues

countryblue

Dec 6, 2019
Galaxy s23, Windows 10

This is my first time here since the new "format". I have a few issues to discuss. Before I start, I also just wanted to mention that when I added the new bookmark, it's still titled "Android Forum".

Let me illustrate my second issue. I tried to use the Google assistant to call a business from my contacts. I got a message the business doesn't accept blocked phone numbers, so I added *82 in front of the number in my contacts. I retried the call, and it still came up as the number without the prefix. I again went back to edit the contact, but only the number with the prefix was there, The number in the "Title" showed no prefix.

Sorry, but somehow the first thing I wanted to discuss was missing from my first post, but i couldn't figure out how to edit anything but the title in this thread.

I have never been able to get advice about preventing gmail addresses from being automatically imported into my phone contacts, which leads to annoying complications.

That leads to my need for a windows contacts manager. I tried the windows People app recently, but the only option applicable to me was to import from Google. No ability to import my phone contacts file.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have never been able to get advice about preventing gmail addresses from being automatically imported into my phone contacts
Go to GMail online, not your phone (mail.google.com), then to settings and select 'I'll add contacts myself' in the 'Create contacts for auto-complete' section. It's in the first tab, general settings, almost all the way to the bottom of the page.

Upvote 0
Hi Clementine_3,

Forgive me, but I don't see how that applies here. This will only prevent "additional" email addresses from automatically being included to an already established Gmail address list. In this context, what;s the difference whether they're added manually or otherwise?

Example: This is essentially the problem I've been trying to solve for ages. Let's say that I edited all my android phone contacts list to eliminates all email addresses. In short order, my Verizon cloud would, subsequently, involuntarily, re-sync all of whatever consists of my current gmail addresse with my phone contact list.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones